The Easy Way to have ATI in Debian
19th June 2007
The ingredients for this recipe:
- A computer with ATI display driver
- Debian unstable (though testing and etch should work as well)
- A network connection
- su -
- aptitude install fglrx-control fglrx-driver fglrx-driver-dev fglrx-kernel-src modula-assistant linux-headers-2.6-686
- m-a -t auto-install fglrx
- aticonfig -f --install
- Restart X, you can do it with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, or just restart the computer
- Enjoy the beautiful new look of your desktop!
If you are using an AMD machine replace the linux-headers-2.6-686 with linux-headers-2.6-k7.